Map potential customers and generate leads for the organization. He
should look forward to generating new opportunities for the
2. Meeting the sales targets of the organization through effective
planning and budgeting.
3. Deciding the future course of action of team members.
4. Devising strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales
5. Developing new business vertical from existing and new clients
6. New product development planning and management
7. Technology transfer, licensing, partnerships assessment and
8. Marketing and advertising and promotion planning
9. Sales organization planning and development
10. Forecast and implement Business planning for all quarters.
11. Expand new business portfolio-with B2B Projects.
12. If the business development job has direct-reporting staff then the
above would tend to be managed via others, and the role would
include people-management, recruitment, motivation, training and
development staffing responsibilities.
13. Self-development and continuing personal development.